HomePay passes EMV1 Certification with 100% result
HomePay, the in-home Chip & PIN device from Secure Electrans, has been successfully certified as EMV Level 1 by RFI Global.
The successful completion of EMV Level 1 is the first significant milestone for HomePay, and Secure Electrans is committed to ensuring that the HomePay system complies with the full spectrum of Payment Industry standards up to the full Common Criteria Certification.
“We are delighted that HomePay has completed the first stage of its certification in such a timely fashion, and with flying colours,” commented Chris Jarman, Secure Electrans’ Director of IT & Operations. “This puts us firmly on track toward roll-out in 2012 and signifies the strengthening of our strategic relationship with RFI.”
The HomePay device replicates the existing retail EMV Chip & PIN experience, but in the home, bringing the same levels of security to eCommerce transactions. In addition, an integrated suite of bespoke web, cryptographic, analysis and payments processing services supports HomePay, offering individuals secure online access to personal and financial data.
By meeting the all of the stringent certification targets the HomePay system will:
· Be able to authenticate a chip card to verify that the card is genuine to protect against counterfeit fraud for both online and offline transactions.
· Ensure robust cardholder verification to protect against lost and stolen card fraud for EMV transactions.
· Comply with risk management parameters to define the conditions under which the issuer will permit the chip card to be used.
· Enable digitally signing payment data for transaction integrity.
· Protect cardholder and transaction data for confidentiality and privacy.
Posted on 28/10/2011 by Secure Electrans Communications Dept.